Whether you’re spending your 4th of July at home or at the campground, this delicious patriotic make-ahead ice cream cake from Delicious Table is a great way to end the festivities! You’ have to start at least a day ahead to get this dessert ready, but it’s well worth it! Get the recipe below!
Recipe adapted from www.DeliciousTable.com
Note: Start this cake 2-3 days before you want to serve it!
- 1 package red velvet Oreos, crushed
- 1 stick melted butter
- 12 oz container real vanilla bean ice cream
- 12 oz pound cake
- 1 bottle of chocolate sauce
- 1 bottle of caramel sauce
- 2 12 oz Cool Whip containers
- 1 jar Patriotic 4th sprinkles
- Clear space in your freezer to allow a springform pan to sit flat.
- Set the ice cream out to soften for two hours.
- While you wait, make the Oreo cookie crust! Melt the butter by heating it in the microwave.
- Thoroughly grind/crush the Oreos into a fine powder in a food processor.
- Add the butter to the crushed Oreos and mix until combined.
- Line the springform pan with the Oreo crust, pressing it into the edges until packed down with a measuring cup or spoon.
- Set the crust in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, cut the brown off of the sides of the pound cake and cut into small chunks, approx. 1/2 – 1″ pieces.
- Add the cake pieces to the crust once it is thoroughly cooled and spread the cake chunks out evenly.
- Pour half of the melted ice cream over the cake, spreading with a spatula.
- Drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauce, being careful not to drench the ice cream, since it will make it too sweet.
- Pour the rest of the melted ice cream over the top and smooth evenly.
- Freeze overnight.
- Remove the frozen ice-cream cake from the springform pan and cover with Cool Whip using a spatula.
- Top with red, white, and blue sprinkles, candies, and more!
- Refreeze the cake for another hour before covering with plastic wrap to preserve it until you’re ready to serve it.
If you are traveling to the campground for the holiday festivities, you can pack the cake in a large cooler with plenty of ice packs to keep it cool on the way there. Additionally, you can bring more Cool Whip and sprinkles to add at the campground.