If you’re looking for an easy, customizable dinner to spice things up at the campground this season, don’t miss this camping recipe! These campfire nachos are the perfect mid-week camping meal that you can easily adjust for your family’s personal tastes. So load up your Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition travel trailer from Hitch RV and head out to your favorite camping destination.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe from PinkyPrincessGirl.com
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- ½ cup of sliced black olives
- ¼ cup of sliced green onions
- 2 cups of shredded taco cheese – Monterey Jack cheese or a “fiesta” blend
- Jalapeños – I recommend buying the pre-sliced jar so that you don’t have to worry about cutting them yourself
- Sour cream
- Layer your skillet with tortilla chips, then add a sprinkling of cheese, olives, and green onions.
- Add another layer until the skillet is almost full.
- Top with jalepeños and cover the top with tin foil.
- Place your skillet over the fire and cook until the cheese is just melted.
- Remove from the heat and top with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole!
For more information about finding the perfect RV for your family, contact us today. We can help you take home the RV of your dreams for an incredible price.