Spring is almost here and what better time to enjoy a a refreshing punch made with fresh fruit? After a long day out on the lake or hiking the trails, a tall glass of exhilarating flavors and, best of all, ice cream! Here are a few recipes to take with you next time you’ve got a RV full of campers and want to put a smile on their faces.
Orange Dream Punch
(Recipe makes 30 (4 ounce) servings)
- 1/2 gallon orange sherbet
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (2 liter) bottle ginger ale
- Place sherbet and frozen orange juice concentrate in a punch bowl. Allow to thaw for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in ginger ale.
(I like to add 4-8 oranges, cut into quarters to add to the fresh fruity flavor!)
Orange Dream Punch (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Orange-Dream-Punch/
(Recipe makes 60 (4 ounce) servings)
- 1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle fruit punch, chilled
- 1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 (2 liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled
- 1/2 gallon orange sherbet
- In a punch bowl, mix together fruit punch, pineapple juice and ginger ale. Add scoops of sherbet into the punch. Wait for the sherbet to begin melting, approximately 10 minutes, stir gently, and serve.
(You can add just about any fresh fruit to this recipe and it will turn out delicious!)
Fruit Punch (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fruit-Punch/
(Recipe makes 25 servings)
- 1 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint orange sherbet
- 7 cups pineapple juice
- 3 cups ginger ale
- In a punch bowl combine ice cream, sherbet, pineapple juice and ginger ale.
(The addition of both fresh cut pineapple and oranges makes this one even better!)
Pineapple-Orange Punch (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pineapple-Orange-Punch/
Luscious Slush Punch
Recipe makes 50 (4 ounce) servings
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart orange juice
- 2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- Bring the sugar, water, and strawberry flavored gelatin to a boil in a large saucepan; boil for 3 minutes. Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture into 2 separate containers and freeze.
- Combine the contents of 1 container with 1 bottle of the lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage in a punch bowl; stir until slushy. Repeat with remaining portions as needed.
Luscious Slush Punch (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Luscious-Slush-Punch/
Apple Orchard Punch
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) bottle apple juice, chilled
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 liters ginger ale
- 1 apple
- In a large punch bowl, combine apple juice, cranberry juice concentrate and orange juice. Stir until dissolved, then slowly pour in the ginger ale.
- Thinly slice the apple vertically, forming whole apple slices. Float apple slices on top of punch.
If you’re in an area where you can get fresh, locally grown apples, then you’re in for a real treat!
Apple Orchard Punch (n.d.)
Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Orchard-Punch/
When the temperatures start to rise, and the kids (and adults!) start to sweat, don’t hesitate to whip up a batch of punch. It’s always a crowd pleaser!