Looking for a low carb, easy-to-cook meal? RVing can be an adventure, but cooking while in your new RV is another adventure all to itself! We wanted to find some great fall camping recipes for you to enjoy that are easy to cook with simple, healthy ingredients so we’re starting with this 4-step recipe that you can take on your next RVing trip.
Fall is one of our favorite times to RV. Coloring leaves, chilly evenings perfect for campfires, jeans and sweatshirts… we LOVE it, and we know you do, too! This Mexican-style vegetable dish will put you in the mood of the season.
- 2 medíum zucchini sliced and quartered
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 ounces Mexican style diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Add tomatoes and remaining spices. Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.
This dish brings out the healthy in all of us, and it really tastes too good to be true! It’s the perfect dish for four, and if you have a large family it’s super easy to double so that everyone gets their fill of such a delicious meal. If you’re looking for more easy tips like this camping recipe, keep checking up on our blog! We’re always coming up with great camping tips for the RVing lifestyle.