Are you looking for your next camping recipe to take to the camp from this fall? Don’t miss these campfire peppers and sausages that are perfect for any cookout or tailgating party. Get the full camping recipe below.
Recipe adapted from one on ThePioneerWoman.com
- 3 bell peppers of a variety of colors
- 1 red onion
- 2 pears
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 lb. mild or hot Italian sausage
- Toasted rolls, for serving
- Wash and dry all of your produce.
- Your grill to about 375 and oil the grill grates well to reduce sticking.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the bell peppers and cut them into 1-inch wide strips.
- Cut the sides off of the bell peppers and remove the stem and seeds. Cut the bell peppers into 1-inch wide strips.
- Trim and quarter the onion, and quarter and core the pears.
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, onions, olive oil, salt, and pepper, stirring to coat evenly.
- Once the grill is hot, add the sausages to one side of the grill and prepare a grill basket on the other side for the veggies and pears.
- Be sure that the onions, peppers, and pears are in a single layer in the basket so that they will cook evenly.
- Cover the grill and cook the sausages for 5 to 7 minutes until slightly chard and developing beautiful GrillMarx.
- Turn the sausages and stir the veggies, then cover and cook until the sausages reach 160 internal temperature and the veggies are chard but soft. They should take another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately on top of toasted rolls or over rice with your choice of cheese.
Contact us today to take home a perfect RV for your next tailgating party.