Whether you’re camping down south or in upstate New York, these easy Tex Mex chicken foil packets are a delicious recipe to add to your camping menu. You’ll love having something that’s easy to throw together and fills everyone up after a day at the campground. Get the full recipe below!
Recipe adapted from one on TheKitchenMagpie.com
- 15 oz black beans — drained and rinsed
- 10 oz diced tomatoes — drained
- 1 can mini corn
- 1 TBSP Mexican Spice Blend
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts — diced
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese Mexican blend
- green onion — chopped
- tortilla chips or corn tortillas for serving
- Build a strong fire or preheat your grill.
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, diced tomatoes, mini corn, Mexican spice blend, and chicken. Stir until thoroughly coated with the seasoning.
- Divide onto heavy duty sheets of aluminum foil and seal, being sure to pinch the seam closed to ensure there are no leaks.
- Add the packets to the campfire grill or your propane grill and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Be sure to turn the packets regularly to avoid burning.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the heat and allow to rest.
- Serve topped with cheese and green onion along with a side of chips or corn tortillas.