With Christmas just around the corner, this Christmas recipe is the perfect thing to enjoy on Christmas eve. Check out this easy and delicious recipe you can make whether you’re spending Christmas at the campground or at home this year. This recipe was adapted from a recipe found on AllRecipes.com.
Recipe adapted from a recipe on AllRecipes.com
- 4 cups milk
- 5 whole cloves
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups light rum
- 4 cups light cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, cloves, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and cinnamon. Warm over low heat while combining the ingredients and then slowly bring to a boil.
- Keeping an eye on the heated mixture, get a large bowl. Combine egg yolks and sugar, whisking until fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in the hot milk to the eggs, being sure to add a little at a time and whisking thoroughly in between to ensure the eggs don’t become chunky.
- Pour the mix into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick, approx. 3 minutes. Do not allow mixture to boil at this stage in the recipe.
- Strain your eggnog and cool for an hour before adding in with rum, 2 tsp vanilla, cream, and nutmeg.
- Chill overnight and serve.
Contact us to find your next family RV at Hitch RV today!