If you have a bunch of leftover eggs after Easter weekend, this delicious spring camping recipe will help you get a delicious meal for your whole family out of them! Boiled eggs are a great thing to take to the campground since they don’t break as easily as regular eggs, and they’re a perfect snack for the kids. Whip up these egg salad sandwiches with your leftovers and enjoy!
- 8-10 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp chopped dill
- 3 tsp chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 package of bacon
- 8 slices of bread
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes
- Start by making the egg salad. Roughly chop your eggs and place in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine the mayo, apple cider vinegar, mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic, and dill. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dressing to the eggs and stir until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Heat your skillet over the fire until very hot. Cook the bacon until crispy, about 15-20 minutes, flipping often to prevent burning.
- While the bacon cooks, rinse your tomatoes and lettuce. Slide the tomatoes and pull off three-four lettuce leaves per sandwich.
- Remove the bacon from the heat and allow to cool on a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Build the sandwiches by adding egg salad, bacon, tomato slices, and lettuce to the bread and topping with a sprinkle of paprika and a second slice of bread.